Opening a Monzo account and using it day-to-day is free.
If you have an overdraft, we’ll charge you when you use it. And we also charge if you withdraw more than £200 of cash when you’re abroad.
Opening a Monzo account is free
- Signing up for Monzo is totally free, just download the app on iOS or Android to get started
- We don’t charge you for your hot coral debit card, or ask you to pay for delivery
Using Monzo in the UK is free
- We don’t charge any fees for making payments or withdrawing cash in the UK
When you’re abroad, withdrawing cash up to £200/month and spending with your card is free
- Using your card to spend abroad is completely free – online, in shops and restaurants, and everywhere else that accepts Mastercard
- You can withdraw up to £200 cash for free, every 30 days. After that we’ll charge you a 3% fee
You can find out more about travelling with Monzo here.
We’ll charge you for using your overdraft
- If you have a Monzo overdraft, we’ll charge you 50p each day you use it
New to Monzo? Find out more about us on the blog, and head to the Simple Questions Thread on the community forum to ask us anything you like!
To learn how to make the most of your money, head to Monzo Money Tips! 💸