Number of current accounts so far:
We're working hard to get the Monzo current account into the hands of every single one of our customers. However, this is the very beginning so we are taking things slowly while functionality is still limited.
What’s in the Monzo Current Account Preview?
- Sort code and account number, so anybody can send you money and you can receive your salary directly into your Monzo account
- Faster Payments, so you can send money to any other UK bank account with a sort code and account number — it will arrive within two hours but most payments only take a few seconds
- Direct Debits, so you can pay regular bills like rent, utilities and phone contracts
- Standing Orders, so you can set up regular payments out of your account for things like rent payments
- A Mastercard® debit card, so you can spend anywhere that accepts Mastercard around the world, with a direct connection in to Mastercard
- FSCS protection, up to a total of £85,000 eligible funds
We’re still working on some parts of the account and so, for now:
- Monzo to Monzo payments through the Contacts tab do not work.
- Topping up your account by debit card, Apple Pay and Android Pay will not be available.
- Monzo.me does not work.
- Customer support through the in-app chat will initially only be available from 9am–6pm on weekdays.
- You will download a separate Monzo app for the current account and your existing prepaid card will continue to work like normal. In the future, you’ll be able to use just one app and close your prepaid account.
These are the main limitations currently and we’re working hard to bring all of these features over to the current account as soon as we can. We plan to have everything ready when we launch fully later this year.
If you'd still like to register your interest for the Current Account Preview, just tap the button below and fill out the form! We'd love to have you. If you prefer to wait until everything is ready, that's also not a problem — we aim to offer everyone an account by the end of the year.