Using your Monzo current account as a business account
You can only use your Monzo personal account for personal payments. If you need to make business payments, you should try our business account: Monzo Business.
In case you're unsure, here's how we define personal and business use:
• Everyday spending
• Paying for expenses to later be reimbursed by your employer
• Getting your salary (even if you're self-employed)
• Using your account to receive money from selling a few items online (if you’re not buying and re-selling with the intention of turning a profit)
• Using your personal account as the primary bank account for a business as either a registered company or sole trade
• Using your account to buy and resell items you're making a profit on
• Billing multiple clients for services you or your company provide
To get started with Monzo Business, head to the Home tab in your app and tap 'Open a Business Account'. Or you can sign up for Monzo Business right here.
Was this article helpful?