Complete peace of mind
For you and your family
Medical bills up to £10 million
Lost valuables up to £750
Coronavirus and your travel insurance
When the World Health Organisation declared coronavirus a pandemic it became a ‘known event’. Which is an insurance term that affects what you can and can’t claim for.
Worth £159 a year
We asked a market research group to see what it would cost if you bought comparable travel insurance on its own. The results showed our insurance is worth, on average, £159 a year.
With Monzo Premium you get our worldwide travel insurance, extensive phone insurance, interest on your balance and regular Pots, and much, much more.
Making a claim
Making a claim is easy through AXA's online claims tool. Make sure you have your insurance information handy, and click below to lodge a claim. Have your policy number ready, which you can find in the app or in the confirmation email we sent you when you signed up for Monzo Premium.
There are conditions you need to meet for the cover to apply. These are some of the main ones, but for a full list read the terms and conditions.
- You have to be 69 years of age or younger.
- You can’t make claims related to pre-existing medical conditions.
- The age limit for children is 19 years inclusive (or 21 if in full time education) at the start of a trip.
- You must take reasonable care to prevent needing to make a claim. You should act as if you don’t have cover and minimise the risk of losing valuables or an incident happening.
- If you need to cut your trip short, you must contact AXA on +44 (0) 203 701 9629. They’re open 24/7 to give advice and help you get home.
- You have to contact AXA right away in the event of an emergency or if you go to hospital.
- You should contact AXA within 28 days of being aware that you need to make a claim.