Check that a call from Monzo is really us, in the app
Head to ‘Privacy & security’ in Settings by tapping your profile in the top left of the Home screen.
The ‘Monzo Call Status’ will show if we’re on the phone to you.
If it says we’re not talking to you, hang up and report it to us.
Protect yourself from fraud
- If you get an unexpected call, hang up and call them back on their official phone number.
- Take your time – a legitimate organisation will never pressure you into making a payment. If you're not sure, speak to a friend or family member, or give us a call.
- Pay by card, not bank transfer – bank transfers aren’t protected in the same way card payments are, so once you’ve sent money to a fraudster it’s almost impossible to get it back.
- Buy from trusted merchants where you can check verified reviews.
- Don’t trust anything that’s too good to be true. Like if something’s a lot cheaper than it should be, or an investment promises guaranteed returns.
Report fraud to Action Fraud
Learn more about how to protect yourself from fraud on Take 5 To Stop Fraud
Sign-up to get scam alerts to your email from Which?