Credit cards are the past. The future is Monzo Flex.
Spread the cost of pretty much anything, even things you bought 2 weeks ago. Use Flex online or in-store, with protection for eligible purchases. If eligible, it’s interest free over 3 instalments, or take more time with 6 and 12 instalments at 24% APR representative (variable). Monzo Flex is credit for 18+ year olds. Ts&Cs apply.
Consider the cost of credit before a purchase. Missed payments negatively impact credit scores and you may lose the interest-free rate on existing plans. Representative example: £1200 credit limit. 24% yearly interest (variable).
A totally new way to pay later
Turn almost any purchase into instalments, like new headphones or your next haircut, and life’s small surprise expenses, like new tyres for your car. Carefully consider the cost of using credit for purchases. Not keeping up with payments may negatively impact your credit score.
Pay in 3 for free – and more
It’s interest free over 3 instalments, but 0% isn’t the only way to pay. With 6 or 12 instalments at 24% APR representative (variable) you get some wiggle room for bigger buys that might come along.
Choose when you flex
Buy now, pay later in real time, whether you’re shopping online or in person. Or turn back the clock and flex things from the last two weeks.
Pay it back how you like
More money than you thought? Pay off a little extra or early and save yourself some interest.
All in the same place
Your Flex balance sits alongside your Monzo account so all your money is in one place.
What to know before you get started
- If you need more time to pay, you can edit your instalments in the app. If your instalment plan is interest free and you can switch to a longer-term plan, we’ll charge interest at 24% APR representative (variable). You won’t be able to switch back to an interest-free plan.
- If you miss a payment, you won’t pay any fees and we’ll give you 7 days to catch up.
- If you haven’t caught up after 7 days, we’ll move you to the longest plan available for each purchase at 24% APR representative (variable). You won’t be able to switch back to an interest-free plan.
- If we still can’t take your payment, we’ll report your account as being behind to credit reference agencies. This might negatively impact your credit score and make it harder to borrow in the future.
- You’ll always keep the option to pay off extra and early with no fees, to save yourself some interest.
- If you’re ever worried about making a payment, please talk to us. We’ll always do whatever we can to help.
You can read more about how Flex works in our Monzo Flex help articles.
Turn back the clock and flex an existing Monzo transaction from the last two weeks.
The future of credit
Monzo Flex is a fresh take on credit. Know upfront exactly what you’ll pay, with any interest broken down and no hidden costs. And you’ll always have a clear plan to pay back purchases.
There's Section 75 protection on eligible purchases made with your virtual card, just like you'd get on a credit card. It means you can get your money back in some situations if something goes wrong with a purchase.