Careers at Monzo
We’re building the best bank in the world - a bank you'd be proud to use - and that means bringing together a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
We believe there should be an alternative to the banking of the past: we're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
Internally, we encourage an open, collaborative, inclusive working environment. We contribute to open source software. You can see what we have planned on our public product roadmap, and we continually engage with our wonderful community. We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us!
Can't see the perfect role for you? Sign up for email updates on new jobs:
Where? Old Street, London
We’re based at 230 City Road, EC1V 2QY, London, UK. 7 minutes’ walk from Old Street Underground Station.
We offer the following benefits (as well as awesome colleagues, engaging work, and the opportunity to help us build the best bank in the world 😉 ):
- Stock options: the option to buy shares in Monzo at a later date, at a discounted price with reduced tax liability.
- Salaries reviewed every six months, in line with our salary framework, to ensure equal pay for equal work and that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase.
- Working from home: whether your child's ill, you're waiting for a package, or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all work from home (or café) from time to time. We encourage everyone to work from home every other Friday to keep us remote-friendly - we record our all-hands meeting so you can stream it or catch up later.
- 32 days’ holiday a year (inc UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! Building a bank is a marathon, not a sprint.
- You can also take an additional month of unpaid leave each year if you wish, to work on personal projects, travel further afield, learn a new language, take an intensive pasta-making course, or something else.
- Private health insurance, and paid sick leave (for both your physical and mental health).
- Pensions, with a 3% employer contribution.
- Well-paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave, which you're eligible for if you join more than 13 weeks before your expected date of childbirth or adoption.
- Catered lunch twice a week, plus fresh fruit, biscuits, quality coffee, tea and soft drinks in the office.
- Monzo-wide socials every couple of weeks including go-karting, board game nights, dinners, samba drumming and movie nights. Teams organise their own social get-togethers, too, and there's no pressure to attend.
- In-office yoga and pilates each week, as well as occasional 5-a-side football games and other sports.
- Choose your own equipment: let us know which tools you need and we’ll do our best to get them for you.
- We are registered under the Cycle-to-Work scheme, so you can buy a bike and accessories tax-free.
- We'll contribute towards books, training courses and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role here.
- Regular internal knowledge-sharing sessions on a wide variety of fascinating topics.
- An ever-growing Monzo library, with heaps of books about startups, programming, design, finance and more.