Careers at Monzo
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of bank. One that lives on your smartphone and built for the way you live today.
We’re building the best bank in the world
A bank you'd be proud to use - and that means bringing together a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
We believe there should be an alternative to the banking of the past: we're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
We’re a growing, fast-paced team based in the heart of East London
Less than 5 minutes walk from Liverpool Street, we’re a team of just over 1600 people building a bank. We're taking care of everything from regulation, to app development, to card distribution, and more.
View all our current positions
Benefits at Monzo
As well as awesome colleagues and engaging work, there are loads of ways we help Monzonauts do the best work of their lives. We often review and enhance them, but here’s a brief overview of the benefits we offer right now. If you’d like more information on any of them, just ask!
- Your manager reviews your salary every year
- Proactive pay increases to reflect growing responsibilities
- Share options: the option to buy shares in Monzo at a later date
📆 Flexible working hours
- We trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- If you’re in customer operations, you’ll have set shifts
🏡 Working from home
- If you’re employed as a distributed worker, we’ll pay for any equipment you need to do your job
- If you’re normally office-based, you can still work from home occasionally - as long as you have a good internet connection and a private, quiet space which allows you to do your best work
- 24 days’ holiday a year, plus bank holidays - please use them all!
- Or, you can opt out of bank holidays and take 32 days’ holiday whenever you like (Customer Operations staff get 256 hours holiday, equivalent to 32 days, and are scheduled to work bank holidays, but can still request annual leave if you’d like)
- An extra 1 month’s unpaid leave every year
- And we're piloting a sabbatical scheme where folks who've worked at Monzo for 4 years get 3 months of paid leave
⛑️ Health & Wellbeing
- Paid sick leave for both physical & mental health
- Health insurance via AXA
- Additional health insurance through Medicash
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, legal & bereavement support (and loads more)
- Fresh fruit in the office (biscuits, quality coffee, tea and soft drinks too)
- We’re a member of the cycle-to-work scheme
- Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions with your squad, collective and discipline
- A library of industry-related books that you can borrow at any time
- We’ll automatically enrol you into our pension scheme with Aviva
- We offer a 4% employer contribution (Monzo pays you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into the pension)
- You’ll need to pay 4% too, and you can opt to pay more for the tax benefits!
- You can opt out if you’d prefer not to have a pension at all
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave, if you’ve been with us for at least 13 weeks
- 52 weeks of primary caregiver leave (6 months at 100% pay, 13 weeks at Statutory Maternity Pay, 13 weeks unpaid)
- 3 months of secondary caregiver leave at 100% pay
- Life insurance from Unum
- All Monzonauts, including those based outside of the UK, will have access to fertility and family-forming health benefits via Fertifa.
- Lunch on Monzo twice a week if you’re office-based
- Regular company-wide socials, like sports day and a Holiday party
- Smaller team lunches, dinners, breakfasts & other social get-togethers
- Interest based clubs like netball, choir, yoga. You can make your own, too!
- Attendance is 100% optional - if you just don’t fancy it, there’s no pressure
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are your roles based?
We've got offices in London, Cardiff, and San Francisco but some people work remotely too. Each job description will say where the role is usually based, though we're big fans of flexible working!
Do you offer internships, work experience or placements?
Not right now. We're growing super fast and don't have the time we'd need to make it a great experience, but we'd love to in the future!
Do you keep past candidates' applications for future openings?
It's best to keep your eye on our jobs board and submit a new application for any roles which you’re interested in. Our system logs all the applications we get, so we can keep candidates in mind for other roles if they stand out.
Can I apply by email?
We don't accept email applications. If there's a role which interests you please submit an application via the relevant job description above 👆. If there aren't any roles which are the right fit at the moment, please sign up to our email updates to keep up to date with new roles.
Do you have a graduate scheme?
We don't run a graduate scheme at the moment but some of our roles can be a great fit for those just out of uni. Have a read through the job descriptions above to find out more 🎓
I saw a role recently but can't find it anymore, can I still apply?
If a role isn't on our website it means we're not accepting applications for the position anymore. We process applications on a rolling basis and encourage everyone to apply as soon as they can. We're growing super fast though, so sign up for our email updates to be the first to hear about new roles at Monzo.
Are you able to sponsor visas?
Yep, Monzo's a registered sponsor. But we can only sponsor visas for certain roles (like tech, engineering and product, for example) because of Home Office regulations.
I'm a recruiter, can we work together?
We're not looking for any recruitment support right now. We've got a big enough team to hire most of the roles we need. But we'll let you know if that changes!