Skip to Content
Skip to Content

Applying for a Monzo Business account if you’ve got a personal or joint Monzo account

Great to hear you’d like to apply for a Monzo Business Account!

If you already have a personal or joint account with us, here’s what you need to know before you get started.

Before you apply

Make sure you’ve got these documents ready

You’ll need proof of your:

• business address • registered company number or name (if you’re a limited company) • unique tax reference number and proof of address

Check if you’re eligible for a business account

If you’re a limited company, make sure your Companies House data is up to date

You can search the Companies House register to make sure. It’ll make it quicker for us to verify your business.

If you’re a limited company, we’ll need to verify any people with significant control in your business

You'll either need their ID ready or they’ll need a personal account with us that we can verify as part of your application. You can find more information about [how we verify people with significant control] (

You can check who the people with significant control in your business are at Companies House.

We won’t automatically add the people with significant control to your account if you open it.

Ready to apply?

To apply from your app: tap the Home icon in the menu bar tap the + plus icon in the top right tap Apply for business account

You’ll need to use the same email address and phone number as your personal account.

Next, we’ll verify your information

Usually, this only takes a few days. It may take longer if there are other people with significant control in the business who don’t have a personal account with us.

We might need to ask you for more information, so please check your app notifications and emails.

If you’re approved, we’ll let you know and you can start using your shiny, new Monzo Business Account right away!

Switching an existing business account over to Monzo?

It’s quick and easy. Here's more info about how to switch through the Current Account Switching Service (CASS).

Was this article helpful?