Skip to Content
Skip to Content

Why we ask where you're a tax resident

According to regulation, we need to know where you're a tax resident so we can let you open a bank account. We do this using your Tax Identification Number (TIN), which tax authorities use to avoid mixing up taxpayers.

A TIN is a unique combination of letters and/or numbers issued to people by the government or tax authority in their country of residence to help when collecting taxes.

In some countries, this may be a number that's specifically referred to as a TIN. Other countries may use different numbers (like a social security number) to identify their residents for tax purposes.

Finding out where you're a tax resident

If you don’t know where you're a tax resident, go to your local tax authority’s website or speak to a professional tax advisor.

Was this article helpful?