Careers at Monzo
At Monzo, we’re building a new kind of banking app. One that lives on your smartphone and is built for the way you live today.
Who we are 👋
We're a collaborative team on a mission to make money work for everyone. We build tech to make it easy for our customers to understand, save, and spend their money. Our superpower is our ability to work together to deliver extraordinary products at scale.
We default to transparency with each other and our community, because we value diverse perspectives at every step of the way.
Life at Monzo 🌱
All our roles are fully remote, but we also have an office in downtown San Francisco for meetings, teamwork, and socializing.
We offer flexible working, which means you can work at times that make sense for you and your team.
We host quarterly in-person offsites for planning and team building as well as regular social get-togethers. Attendance is 100% optional.
Benefits at Monzo
In addition to flexible remote working and in-person offsites, we offer great benefits to help Monzonauts do the best work of their lives. If you’d like more information on any of them, just ask!
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Stock options - every Monzonaut has the opportunity to become an owner of the global business
- 401(k) with 4% employer contribution
- Monzo contributes 4% to your retirement account, even if you don't contribute anything
- 32 days of paid vacation and public holidays per year - and we highly encourage using all of them!
- Up to 1 month extra unpaid leave every year
- 3 month paid sabbatical if you've been with us for 4 years
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave - if you’ve been with us for at least 13 weeks
- 52 weeks of primary caregiver leave (13 weeks at 100% pay, 13 weeks at 50% pay, 26 weeks unpaid)
- 6 weeks of secondary caregiver leave at 100% pay
⛑️ Health & Wellbeing
- Amazing health insurance - 100% coverage for employees and 70% for dependents across most plans
- Paid sick leave for both physical & mental health
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with 24/7 confidential assistance at no cost
- Learning budget of $1,500 a year for books, training courses, and conferences
- $1,000 stipend for setting up your home office
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are your roles based?
Fully remote work is available for all roles. If you're local to San Francisco, you're free to work in the office on a hybrid or full-time basis.
Can I apply by email?
We don't accept email applications. If there's a role which interests you please submit an application via the relevant job posting above 👆.
Are you able to sponsor visas?
Yep, but we can only sponsor visas for certain roles.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Monzo Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Monzo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.