We’re building the best bank in the world 🚀
Our mission is to make money work for everyone. We’re building a bank you'd be proud to use - and that means bringing together a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills.
We believe there should be an alternative to the banking of the past: we're focused on solving problems rather than selling financial products, making your financial life simpler, and giving you complete control from your smartphone.
Internally, we encourage an open, collaborative, inclusive working environment. We contribute to open source software, and we continually engage with our wonderful community. We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us!
We’re a growing, fast-paced team based in San Francisco.
We’re building our US bank headquarters in the financial district, with over 70 people expected to join in the next 18 months. We’re also part of a global team of over 1600 people across the UK and US. We're taking care of everything from app development, to card distribution, regulation, and more.
Benefits at Monzo
As well as awesome colleagues and engaging work, there are loads of ways we help Monzonauts do the best work of their lives. We often review and enhance them, but here’s a brief overview of the benefits we offer right now. If you’d like more information on any of them, just ask!
- Your manager reviews your salary every 6 months
- Proactive pay increases to reflect growing responsibilities
- Share options: every Monzonaut has the opportunity to become an owner of the global business
📆 Flexible working
- We trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team
- You can work from home occasionally - as long as you have a good internet connection and a private, quiet space which allows you to do your best work
- 32 days of paid vacation and public holidays per year (and we require that you take all of your days each year as we believe that well rested employees are more effective!)
- Up to an extra 1 month’s unpaid leave every year
⛑️ Health & Wellbeing
- Paid sick leave for both physical & mental health
- Employer paid health insurance options (including PPO and HMO options)
- Employer paid dental insurance options
- Employer paid vision insurance
- Health care flexible savings account (FSA)
- Dependant day care flexible savings account (FSA)
- Employer paid disability insurance
- Other discounted life, accident, illness, and disability insurance options
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, legal & bereavement support (and loads more)
- Learning budget of $1,500 a year for books, training courses and conferences
- Regular knowledge-sharing sessions
- 401k with 4% employer contribution (Monzo pays you 100% of your salary, then contributes 4% extra to your retirement account)
- You can contribute additional amounts on a tax-advantaged basis from your Monzo paycheck as well
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave, if you’ve been with us for at least 13 weeks
- 52 weeks of primary caregiver leave (13 weeks at 100% pay, 13 weeks at 50% pay, 26 weeks unpaid)
- 6 weeks of secondary caregiver leave at 100% pay
- Employer paid life insurance
- Regular team socials
- Once we’re back in the office, we’re looking forward to weekly team lunches, dinners, breakfasts & other social get-togethers
- Attendance is 100% optional - if you just don’t fancy it, there’s no pressure
Frequently Asked Questions ❓
Where are your roles based?
Our US headquarters is in San Francisco but some people work remotely too. Each job description will say where the role is usually based, though we're big fans of flexible working!
Do you offer internships, work experience or placements?
Not right now. We're growing super fast and don't have the time we'd need to make it a great experience, but we'd love to in the future!
Do you keep past candidates' applications for future openings?
It's best to keep your eye on our jobs board and submit a new application for any roles which you’re interested in. Our system logs all the applications we get, so we can keep candidates in mind for other roles if they stand out.
Can I apply by email?
We don't accept email applications. If there's a role which interests you please submit an application via the relevant job description above 👆. If there aren't any roles which are the right fit at the moment, please sign up to our email updates to keep up to date with new roles.
I saw a role recently but can't find it anymore, can I still apply?
If a role isn't on our website it means we're not accepting applications for the position anymore. We process applications on a rolling basis and encourage everyone to apply as soon as they can. We're growing super fast though, so check in on the jobs board as we’re regularly hiring for new roles.
I'm a recruiter, can we work together?
We're not looking for any recruitment support right now. We've got a big enough team to hire most of the roles we need. But we'll let you know if that changes!
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Monzo Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Monzo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.