Golden Tickets are the perfect way to invite your friends to Monzo! They’re a special link you can share to help them open a Monzo account easily.
How do I get one?
We give out Golden Tickets to existing Monzo customers 🎫
To see if you’ve got one to give away:
- Head to the Payments tab in your app
- If you have one, you’ll see a gold dot in the top right hand corner of your screen
- Go to the Payments tab in your app
- If you have a ticket it’ll appear at the bottom of the screen
How do I share one?
If you have a Golden Ticket and want to share it with a friend:
- Find your Golden Ticket then just tap ‘Send to Friend’
- You can share it with them over email or through your favourite messaging app
How do I redeem one?
If someone’s sent you a Golden Ticket (lucky you!) you can use it to set up a Monzo account.
- Tap on the link you’ve been sent
- Enter your email and download the Monzo app
- Follow the instructions to set up a Monzo account!
Why do you have them?
We originally started giving out Golden Tickets because there was a waiting list for Monzo. They let existing Monzo users invite their friends and help them skip the queue.
We’re happy to say that there’s no longer a waiting list to sign up to Monzo, but we’ve kept Golden Tickets around so you can keep inviting your friends to Monzo easily. We’ll be improving them soon to make them even more useful 😃
New to Monzo? Find out more about us on the blog, and head to the Simple Questions Thread on the community forum to ask us anything you like!